Saturday, July 25, 2009

Living Joyfully




Pictures from top to bottom: one of a field of sunflowers in Yvoire, France; John and Jasmijn on the boat from Yvoire to Geneva; the last two are of Joran, Jolene and Jasmijn in the capital city of Bern, in the fountains which are so cool because they explode randomly from the pavement. Watch out!

Something I'm focused on these days is Living Joyfully. It's a practice. Like yoga. Never perfect.

You know how hard it is to believe something when all you've got to tell you it's true is a little voice in your head or an emotion? Two books have put experience and research together to "prove" what I already knew. Of course, there are no singular events in my life. My new belief in Living Joyfully did not arise out of only two books. In a way, it's been a lifetime coming, but more recently influenced by studies of Law of Attraction and quantum physics (approximately the last 10 years)and a series of personal challenges and triumphs of the last few years in which I have looked deeply into myself and had long conversations with my soul.

But anyways, I love these books: The Big Leap, by Gay Hendricks, and My Stroke of Insight, by Jill Bolte Taylor. The Big Leap is a business/personal growth book. My Stroke of Insight is written by a neuroanatomist who experienced a massive stroke and fully recovered! Check out Jill's TED Talks presentation on my sidebar under Generally Interesting Links.

We are so much more than meets the eye! Not your average Cybertronian alien, either.

In a shout-out to my friend Dayna Martin, LIFE ROCKS!!!

Jolene =)

No comments:

Post a Comment