Friday, September 4, 2009

Today I Feel Silly





Joran always loves teasing and tricking people. Of course, John and I love teasing and tricking Joran and eachother. So, Joran will often say or do something crazy, but with a twinkle in his eye, like he can't wait to see if someone believes him.

One thing Joran does a lot is pretend he doesn't love his sister. Like today, he said, "She's not my sister! She's a phoney! She's a lier! Send her to the dump!" Just awful, right? Well, the whole time, he's holding back a grin and I cannot help but laugh!

Sometimes Joran's tricks bother me. I start feeling offended by his words or irritated with his chaotic actions, and then we both end up mad at eachother. But if I somehow join in the silliness, and even when I'm telling him he can't continue with such-and-such, maintain a silly nature, it all dissipates in fairly good time, and we all feel better in the end.

The title of this post comes from a children's book by Jamie Lee Curtis, Today I Feel Silly (and other moods that make my day). The colorful, swirly pictures and the story of a red-headed girl and her emotional life remind me that ALL of our moods are what make life so rich!

Happy Day to you!

Jolene =)




No comments:

Post a Comment