Saturday, April 18, 2009

Joy Embraces Jealousy


There was a recent idea floating around one of my unschooling parenting lists: true joy includes all emotions. I can identify with this, because one must be able to feel a full range of emotions before truly knowing joy. I like to take it even further that feeling "negative" emotions such as anger, frustration, irritation, embarrassment, fear, etc... are part of simultaneously feeling joy.


For that reason, I embrace jealousy. As I feel jealousy, I am able to identify things that others have that I want in my life and I am able to identify aspects in others that are a reflection of me. So, the jealousy turns to admiration. During the whole process, I can feel joy, knowing that such "negative" emotions lead to enlightenment when I follow them.


Loving it all,

Jolene

No comments:

Post a Comment